Do you enjoy filet crochet, or want to learn how to do this lovely technique? If so, you’ll want to check out our picks for the best filet crochet pattern books we know of. Here they are:
This book offers you several impressive filet crochet charts for making a variety of pictorial squares.
Vintage Modern Crochet features a variety of lovely lace crochet projects that are created using different crochet techniques. Filet crochet is one of the techniques covered in the book; others include Tunisian crochet, Bruges crochet, Irish crochet and pineapples.
All together there are four different filet crochet projects included in this book:
- Bow Tie Necklace — This is a charming filet crochet jewelry piece designed by Shelby Allaho.
- Carefree Pullover — This is a summer-friendly linen pullover sweater designed by Natasha Robarge.
- Celtic Cross Wrap — This is filet crochet wrap that was inspired by Celtic knotwork. Laurinda Reddig is the designer of this pretty wardrobe piece.
- Field Cardigan — This is a delicate, feminine filet crochet cardigan sweater designed by Robyn Chachula. Robyn tilted the filet crochet on its side for a bit of additional flair.
Farmhouse Crochet includes 3 easy filet crochet patterns plus a variety of other crochet projects. The filet crochet projects are as follows:
- Red and White Dishcloth — This pattern is a variation on the basic filet crochet mesh, and therefore no chart is needed for working it. This is a useful, practical design that’s great to have in your pattern library.
- Filet Crochet Apple Potholder — This charming apple design is crocheted in two contrasting layers. The upper layer is a charted apple motif that you can work using the filet crochet technique. The lower layer is easy, relaxing double crochet stitches. You join the two layers by holding them together to work a dainty edging around the outside of the pieces.
- Filet Crochet Cherries Potholder — This design is similar to the apple potholder described above. You could work one of each design for a coordinating set, or you could make two of each to have matched sets. These make great housewarming or holiday gifts for loved ones.
This book is meant to teach you many different crochet techniques. Filet crochet is only one of the techniques covered in the book.
The section on filet crochet is 8 pages long. In these 8 pages, you’ll “meet” Hartmut Hass, a crochet designer whose main expertise is filet crochet; you’ll read his story and see pictures of a couple of his designs; you’ll get a brief lesson in how to do filet crochet; and you’ll find a pattern for a spectacular filet crochet table runner he designed. It’s an intermediate-level crochet pattern.
So there you have it: our list of picks for some of the best filet crochet pattern books currently available. We hope you’ll enjoy these delightful patterns, and that you’ll make many beautiful crochet projects with them.
- Best Crochet Motif Pattern Books
- Best Crochet Stitch Dictionaries
- Best Granny Square Crochet Pattern Books
- Best Filet Crochet Pattern Books
- Best Crochet Books for Beginners
- Best Crochet Hat Pattern Books
- Best Crochet Patterns for the Home
- Click Here to Learn How to Crochet; This Link Takes You to a Total Beginner’s Guide to Crochet.
- Click here to find crochet stitch tutorials and instructions.
- Click here to learn more crochet techniques.
- Click HERE to Find Fabulous Yarn for Crochet and Knitting
- Click here to learn about crochet hooks.
- Click here to find my favorite crochet project bag.
- Click here to get updated on the latest craft supplies.
- Click here to learn about knitting.
- Click here to find our beginner’s guide to knitting needles.
- Click here to find outstanding craft project ideas.
Posted By: Amy Solovay
Page last updated on 6-26-2021. Thanks for visiting!