Awhile ago, the lovely folks over at the Pinkfresh Studio blog hosted a challenge with the theme of “Shimmer & Shine!” The challenge was to incorporate sparkles, glitter, metallics or other sorts of shimmer and shine into any paper craft project.
Pictured here, you can see one of my entries for this challenge. It’s a floral greeting card featuring a stamped focal image by Pinkfresh Studio. The floral accent stamp and papers are also by Pinkfresh Studio.
Strangely enough, even though I own approximately one zillion different paper craft supplies made by Pinkfresh Studio, I somehow do not have any sparkly Pinkfresh Studio supplies. How is it even possible that I own NOTHING they’ve manufactured that includes gold foil, glitter or sparkles?
Weird. Weird, but unfortunately true.
So, I added a bit of glittery, sparkly washi tape by Graphic 45 to my project. This is my all-time favorite washi tape, and I think of it as being a must-have craft supply.
I also used a purple metallic Sakura Gelly Roll pen to add even more shimmer. Sadly, the metallic shimmer didn’t photograph well when I took pictures of this card. If you look really closely at the scalloped edge around the stamped image that says “I am so proud of you”, you can kinda see it. A little. Sort of? Or maybe not?
But you can definitely see it if you actually hold this card in your hands and look at it — and the shimmery metallic purple color is gorgeous!
Other Supplies Needed to Create This DIY Floral Greeting Card:
- Believe in Yourself Stamp Set by Pinkfresh Studio
- Take Pride Stamp Set by Pinkfresh Studio
- Hope patterned paper by Pinkfresh Studio
- “Celebrate You” patterned paper by Pinkfresh Studio
- A sheet of vibrant orange cardstock from the “Warms” Slimline paper pad by Scrapbook.com
- Dusty Concord (purple) Distress Oxide Ink Pad by Tim Holtz
- Carved Pumpkin (orange) Distress Oxide Ink Pad by Tim Holtz
- Salvaged Patina (turquoise blue) Distress Oxide Ink Pad by Tim Holtz
- Bundled Sage (light green) Distress Oxide Ink Pad by Tim Holtz
- Rustic Wilderness (dark green) Distress Oxide Ink Pad by Tim Holtz
- EK Success Scalloped Scissors
- Lawn Fawn Just for You Labels Stamp Set
- Adhesive of your choice — I used Cherry Tape for this.
- Circle template — You could use just about any circle template for this. I used an old one by Fiskars that has long ago been discontinued.
- Plus the glitter washi tape and metallic Gelly Roll pen as mentioned above.
So there you have it: A Card Making Idea for creating a DIY Floral Greeting Card that includes Supplies by Pinkfresh Studio and a few other manufacturers.
Thanks so much for dropping by!
Posted by: Amy Solovay
This page was last updated on 11-14-2023.