Learn How to Make Scrubbies With Crochet, Yarn, Plastic Bags, and Other Recycled Materials
Got dirty pots, pans and dishes that you need to clean up? Scrub them ’til they sparkle and shine! Our crocheted scrubbies will help you get the job done.
The following crochet scrubbie patterns are all free for you to use, and we’ve tried to keep the costs down in every other way possible, too. Many of the patterns listed below are made using cheap, free and / or upcycled materials. We hope you’ll find these patterns useful and practical.
Free Crochet Scrubbie Patterns and Instructions
Who doesn’t love free stuff? Not only is the following pattern free; you can also use (mostly) free materials for making the project, assuming you buy produce that comes in abrasive plastic produce bags.
A plastic scrubber is helpful for removing baked-on foods from pots and pans. If you want to try making your own plastic scrubbers, you’re invited to grab my free instructions and pattern.
So far, this pot scrubber is my favorite — because it’s nice and flexible, and it’s abrasive enough to get yucky goo off of a pot or pan. As far as scrubbers go, it’s even kinda pretty, in a plastic-y, upcycled sort of way. It’s also a super quick project.
Need some ideas for what to do with your gauge swatches when you’re finished with them? I wrote an article on that very topic. One of the ideas on the list: Transform the gauge swatches into useful projects such as scrubbies and dishcloths. If you want to try the scrubbie option, check out these free instructions. This idea works for both knitted and crocheted gauge swatches.
Here’s one more crochet scrubbie pattern you can make using mostly free materials. This crochet scrubbie is constructed using plastic shopping bags and produce bags.
So there you have it: Useful ideas for how to make your own scrubbies. Happy crafting, and happy scrubbing!
Check Out More Kitchen Craft Ideas:
- Click Here to Learn How to Crochet; This Link Takes You to a Total Beginner’s Guide to Crochet.
- Click here to find crochet stitch tutorials and instructions.
- Click here to learn more crochet techniques.
- Click HERE to Find Fabulous Yarn for Crochet and Knitting
- Click here to learn about crochet hooks.
- Click here to find my favorite crochet project bag.
- Click here to get updated on the latest craft supplies.
- Click here to learn about knitting.
- Click here to find our beginner’s guide to knitting needles.
- Click here to find outstanding craft project ideas.
Posted By: Amy Solovay
Page last updated on 6-27-2021. Thanks for visiting!