Would you be interested in finding crochet patterns for making a variety of fabulously artsy women’s clothing and accessories? If so, CrochetWear by Ann Regis is a crochet pattern book worth taking a look at. The garments and accessories in this book are all eye-catching designs that are most definitely NOT for wallflowers. Only buy this book if you want to stand out from the crowd!
Book Title: CrochetWear
Type of Book: Crochet pattern book
Author: Ann Regis
Publisher: Leisure Arts
Copyright Date: 2010
ISBN 10: 1-60140-125-6
ISBN 13: 978-1-60140-125-0
Format: Softcover / Trade paperback
Number of Pages: 128
Cover Price: $22.95 US dollars
Skill Level: There’s a good mix of easy and intermediate patterns included, with most being easy.
This book features crochet patterns for garments with an urban, trendy, artsy edge. As the name suggests, all of the projects featured in the book are wearable; the book features crochet patterns for both garments and accessories. The math is a little confusing to me, since the cover says “25 Fresh Designs,” yet I actually counted 30 patterns in the book all together. I’ll be the first to admit that I might’ve miscounted, but if I did count right, I suspect no one’s going to complain about getting extra patterns.
Crochet Projects Included in This Pattern Book:
The book is divided into six sections, as follows:
- Jackets: There are four of these.
- Skirts & tops: There are two different skirts, plus two tops that are very similar.
- Shrugs: There are three patterns for shrugs.
- Vests: There are four patterns for vests.
- Hats: There are five patterns for hats. Also included in this section are four different patterns for matching wristlets, and a pattern for a neckband / scarflet, which are apparently the extra five patterns over and above the 25 designs promised on the front cover of the book.
- Wraps: There are five patterns for wraps.
Notes on Garment Sizes:
- Those of you who wear a size “X-Small” do have options included in this book, although some of these designs are likely to overwhelm a petite figure. Many of them have what is, in my opinion, an excessive amount of ease – for example, there’s a jacket with a 38.5-inch bust sized at X-small. No problem if you prefer loose-fitting clothing, but if you like everything fitted, some of these designs might not work for you. Note that some of the patterns are “one-size-fits-most,” which also might or might not work for you; a couple of these styles look to me like perhaps they could overwhelm an X-small figure.
- If you’re a plus-sized woman, please be aware that the size range only goes up through X-Large on most of these patterns. Some of the patterns are one-size-fits-most. Still, there are some great options available for women in all size ranges, considering the lovely patterns for hats, wristlets, wraps and shawls included in the book.
The Best Things About CrochetWear
- The fashions are unique and interesting. Most are stylish, and a few are just a bit quirky. Everyone’s idea of “wearable” differs, but in my opinion (with the above-noted exceptions,) most of these designs would be flattering and wearable for most women in the size ranges presented.
- The stylists have done an outstanding job of pairing up the crocheted designs with other interesting, wearable garments and accessories.
- The photography is great!
- This book’s greatest strength could also be viewed as its greatest weakness. The fashions presented are not for the “shrinking violet” who just wants to blend into the crowd; many of these garments are a bit out-of-the-ordinary, some refreshingly so but some verging on the outlandish.
- Some of the tops and jackets look a bit “box-y.”
Overall, there are some truly fantastic patterns included. I am happy to recommend this book to other crocheters.
- Delicate Crochet — Lovely, lacy patterns for crocheting shawls, wraps, sweaters, a skirt, accessories and more
- Crochet So Fine — Crocheted Clothing and Accessory Patterns
More Lovely Crochet Pattern Books
- A Crochet Pattern Book of Beaded Trims and Edgings
- Triple Play Pattern Stitches Book
- Knitting and Crocheting Lovely Gifts
- Best Crochet Womenswear Pattern Books
- Best Crochet Accessory Pattern Books
- Best Crochet Edging Pattern Books
- The Best Crochet Stitch Dictionaries
- The Best Crochet Books for Beginners
- The Best Crochet Baby Pattern Books
- The Best Crochet Blanket Pattern Books
- The Best Crochet Edging Pattern Books
- The Best Books on Crochet Flowers
- Learn How to Crochet
- Click here to find crochet stitch tutorials and instructions.
- Learn crochet techniques.
- Find Crochet and Knitting Yarn
- Click here to learn about crochet hooks.
- Check out my top picks for crochet and craft organizers.
- Click here to get updated on the latest craft supplies.
- Click here to learn about knitting.
- Click here to find our beginner’s guide to knitting needles.
- Knitting Supplies
- Lace Knitting
- Cable Knitting
- Knitting Techniques
- Jewelry Making
- Best Tools for Jewelry Making
- Sewing Appliques
- Kitchen Crafts
- Holiday Crafts
- Christmas Crafts
- Paper Crafts
- Fine Art
Posted By: Amy Solovay
Page last updated on 7-19-2021. Thanks for visiting!