Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Love You Valentine’s Day Card With Hearts and Flowers Featuring Stamps by Hero Arts
Last year at this time, the lovely people at Hero Arts hosted a challenge with the theme of “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”. Pictured above, you can see the card I entered in the challenge. It’s a Valentine’s Day card featuring stamped images I created using a couple of different Hero Arts stamp sets. I just took a look to see if the stamps and other supplies needed for making this card are still available — and they are, except you’ll probably have to substitute washi tape designs because I’m not sure if the ones that I used are still available. But the Hero Arts stamps are still current for Valentine’s Day 2024, and I highly recommend them; they are some of my most-used stamps.
Craft Supplies You’ll Need for Making a Similar Valentine Card:
- The “Togetherness” Stamp Set by Hero Arts — This stamp set features a gorgeous floral bouquet stamp and 7 lovely sentiment stamps.
- The Hero Greetings Christmas Messages Stamp Set by Hero Arts — No, this isn’t a Christmas card (although you could make it a Christmas card if you want to; simply change out the pinks for greens, and voila, it’s a Christmas card). The “Hero Greetings Christmas Messages” stamp set includes mostly Christmas-themed sentiments, but it also has other sentiments like “love you,” “you warm my heart,” “stay cozy” and “let’s party”. So you can use it for many occasions besides just Christmas. I think the “love you” stamp is just perfect for using on Valentine cards, birthday cards and everyday cards.
- Pink Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Ink Pad by Tim Holtz for Ranger Industries
- Love Letter Memento Ink Pad
- Washi Tapes: I used 3 different washi tape designs to create this card. The one on the top is a glittery, sparkly white washi tape by Graphic 45. The one in the middle is a red floral design by Recollections. The one on the bottom is a lovely design from the Papillon collection by The Happy Planner / Me & My Big Ideas.
- A Heart Die or Heart Stencil
- Scalloped Scissors — I used Fiskars Paper Edgers in the Mini Scallop design to cut around my “love you” sentiment.
- Pens & Markers — You’ll want to personalize your card on the inside, and you might also want to make some touch-ups to the embellishments on your card. I used a Tombow brush marker, color #847 to color in the scalloped edge around the “Love You” stamped image. I also used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen and a Marvy Uchida highlighter to personalize the inside of my card. No need to get these pens and markers specifically; you can use other coordinating pens and markers from your stash to do your personalizing. If you don’t have any pens that will work for this, I definitely recommend the Gelly Rolls; they are affordable and super pretty. I love the results I get from using them, and I think you will, too.
- Scoring Board or Other Scoring Tool
Thanks so much for taking a look at my Valentine Card. I really appreciate your interest.
Check Out More DIY Valentine’s Day Cards
- Time to Flourish Valentine’s Day Card Making Idea Featuring Graphic 45 Patterned Paper
- How to Make a “Be Mine” Valentine’s Day Card
- Find More Valentine Cards to Make
- Check Out More Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas
Find More Project Ideas Featuring Stamps and Supplies by Hero Arts
- Watercolor Floral Birthday Card Making Idea With Ink Blending and Stamps by Hero Arts
- “It’s Your Birthday” Card With Dachshund Dog Motif — Stamp by Hero Arts / The Stamping Village
- DIY Watercolor Floral Greeting Card With Ink Blending
Posted By: Amy Solovay