Ruffled Fingerless Gloves From Delicate Crochet: These Fingerless Gloves Were Designed by Amy Solovay for Delicate Crochet, a Stylish Crochet Pattern Book by Sharon Hernes Silverman, Published by Stackpole Books
I’m delighted to introduce you to one of the prettiest pairs of crocheted fingerless gloves I’ve ever designed. The prominent design features include dainty, feminine lace ruffles at the wrists; a playful, speckled yarn that’s surprisingly affordable for a handpainted yarn; an easy mesh stitch that makes up most of the gloves; and satin ribbons tied in bows at the wrists. If a doily and a pair of wrist warmers got married and had children, this is what the little ones would look like.
This pattern is actually quite easy to crochet. The design looks fancy, but some of that is from elements other than the crochet work — which is pretty simple overall. For example, the satin ribbons add eye appeal to the design without adding any extra complexity to the crochet work.
The name of the suggested yarn for this pattern is “Hawthorne Speckle”. It’s a wool / nylon blend manufactured by Knitpicks. I find this yarn fascinating to work with, and I think it turns out lovely in finished projects. So far, these fingerless gloves are one of my favorite projects that I’ve made with Hawthorne Speckle.
If you’d like to crochet your own pair of ruffled fingerless gloves just like these, you have a couple of options. For starters, you could buy yourself a copy of Delicate Crochet by Sharon Hernes Silverman. Stackpole Books is the publisher of this title. You’ll find my fingerless gloves pattern included in the book, along with 22 other delightfully drapey, lacy, flirty, wearable projects for women. The crochet projects included in Delicate Crochet are sweaters, tops, shawls, wraps, scarves, a necklace and even a lacy, feminine crocheted skirt. I think you’re going to be excited about this book when you see the incredible variety of projects it includes. The book also includes helpful step-by-step photo tutorials showing you the crochet techniques you need for succeeding with these projects.
If you’d like to see pictures of some of the other crochet projects included in the book, check out my preview of Delicate Crochet, which is posted at Knittingcrochetcrafts.com.
Your other option is to download a digital PDF of the pattern for the ruffled fingerless gloves. This pattern includes all the information you’ll need for working this pattern, including international symbol crochet charts and written instructions.
More Details About Delicate Crochet by Sharon Hernes Silverman:
Publisher: Stackpole Books
Copyright Date: December, 2018
ISBN 13: 978-0811719889
ISBN 10: 081171988X
This book is available in the following format(s):
- Digital download: Kindle e-book edition
- Some of the pattern designers also make individual patterns available for download; if you don’t want to buy the entire book, you can buy this pattern for the ruffled fingerless gloves individually.
Number of Pages: 176
Where to Buy the Fingerless Gloves Pattern:
I’ll update this section shortly with a pattern link.
Where to Buy Delicate Crochet:
Where to Buy Hawthorne Speckle Yarn:
More Fingerless Gloves to Knit and Crochet
- Best Crochet Stitch Dictionaries
- Best Crochet Womenswear Pattern Books
- Best Crochet Edging Pattern Books
- Click Here to Learn How to Crochet; This Link Takes You to a Total Beginner’s Guide to Crochet.
- Click here to find crochet stitch tutorials and instructions.
- Click here to learn more crochet techniques.
- Click HERE to Find Fabulous Yarn for Crochet and Knitting
- Click here to learn about crochet hooks.
- Click here to find my favorite crochet project bag.
- Click here to get updated on the latest craft supplies.
- Click here to learn about knitting.
- Click here to find our beginner’s guide to knitting needles.
- Click here to find outstanding craft project ideas.
Posted By: Amy Solovay
Page last updated on 6-20-2021. Thanks for visiting!