Want to crochet a luxurious pillow for your home? If so, we hope you’ll enjoy browsing through this list of crochet pillow patterns. You’ll find a variety of different patterns for crocheting throw pillows, decorative pillows, floor pillows, cushions and more.
Free Crochet Pillow Patterns
What are some of the most popular types of crochet projects you can think of? How about granny squares, crochet flowers and baby projects? In this pattern, you get all three of these project types combined.
This pillow pattern gives you the opportunity to utilize a classic granny square pattern, and then add a vibrant three-dimensional flower as an embellishment. Fancy looped fringe completes the look, along with an eye-catching fabric pillow lining.
The designer of this pattern, Lori Jean Karluk, suggests using the finished pillow as an accent in a baby’s nursery decor. That’s a fantastic use for it, but you need not feel limited to using it as a baby project. If you recolor the design, it would make a lovely throw pillow for decorating just about any bedroom, window seat or cozy chair in your home.
Crochet Puff Stitch Christmas Tree Design: This Square Can Be Used for Making a Pillow, a Blanket or Other Projects
This large square is a great size for using as a pillow front. It features a puff stitch textured Christmas tree motif in the center of the design. Instructions are included for making the square into a pillow, and suggestions are also given for using it to make blankets.
This festive Christmas throw pillow is made up of crocheted squares from my pattern sampler series of designs. There are two different squares used: the Christmas tree square and a checkerboard square.
Best Knitting and Crochet Books Featuring Pillow Patterns
- Crochet in Black and White — There are 7 outstanding crochet pillow patterns in this diverse crochet pattern collection. All of them are striking black and white designs.
- Easy Fair Isle Knitting — If you want to try a multicolored technique like Fair Isle or stranded colorwork knitting, pillows are an excellent project choice. They allow you to work on simple shapes without worrying about complicated shaping. This book features 6 wonderful patterns for cushions and pillows you can work in the Fair Isle knitting technique.
- Quick Comforts for the Home — 4 of the 9 quick, easy patterns in this book are stylish, sophisticated pillows you can crochet.
- Carefree Crochet — This book includes several stylish pillow patterns, one of which matches a colorful, exotic blanket that is simply fabulous.
- Triangle Treasury — This book’s main focus is triangle-shaped patterns, which you can use to create many different types of projects, including pillows. The book features two gorgeous variations of a triangle pillow (These are my favorite projects from the book. They are super creative and look like they’d be a lot of fun to crochet). One of these pillows is pictured on the front cover of the book.
Vintage Inspiration for Crocheting Pillows
I’m a huge fan of vintage crochet pillow patterns from the Edwardian era, because these designs were frequently so much more sophisticated than contemporary and modern crochet pillow patterns are. Let’s take a look at a couple of examples:
Here we have a vintage filet crochet pillow design featuring a Chinese dragon motif. You can find the original chart and pattern for crocheting this design in the Star Needlework Journal Volume 6 Number 3.
This magazine is not particularly rare or hard to find; When I used to sell vintage needlework patterns, I would frequently come across copies of this issue. But the truth is, you don’t really need a vintage filet crochet chart to make yourself a seriously gorgeous pillow similar to this one. You can simply use any square or rectangular filet crochet chart of the right size, plus off-white crochet thread. If you do an acceptable job or crocheting the pattern, you’ll have a filet crochet piece you can use to make a pillow cover that could pass for vintage. Be sure to attach a tassel in the corner if you want to make it look like it’s from the 1910s or 1920s.
Here’s another amazing example of a vintage crochet pillow design:
Here we have a linen pillow and table runner set that have crocheted insertions included as part of the design. You can find the original vintage crochet pattern for this design in Royal Society Crochet Lessons Volume 1 Number 7. Problem is, they don’t give step-by-step instructions for how to insert the crocheted motif into the linen piece to create the pillow or runner. What you get is just basically the crochet insertion pattern. So you’d have to actually have some sewing expertise if you want to have any hope of reproducing either of these designs for yourself.
Nevertheless, these projects could certainly inspire you to create similar projects of your own. These projects are extremely detailed, but if you were to take simpler crochet motifs, it could be pretty easy to attach them to linen and create a similar pillow cover or table runner for your own home.
More Knitting and Crochet Patterns for the Home
- Knit and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Rug Patterns
- Patterns for Crochet Blanket Edges
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns for Borders, Trims and Edgings
- Find More Knitting and Crochet Patterns for the Home
Let’s Recap Some of the Topics That We Covered on This Page:
- Christmas crochet pillow pattern
- Crochet Granny Square Pillow Pattern
- how to crochet pillows
- how to crochet a pillow
- crochet pillow ideas
- crochet pillow patterns vintage
- crochet pillow cover
- crochet cushion cover designs
- crochet pillow patterns
- crochet pillow free pattern
- modern crochet pillow
Posted By: Amy Solovay
This page was last updated on 10-6-2020.