What Is Kitchen Cotton Yarn? Definition of Kitchen Cotton Yarn
Kitchen cotton is a type of yarn that is useful for making projects you’d use in the kitchen: potholders, dishcloths, towel toppers, placemats and other projects of that ilk. You don’t necessarily have to use kitchen cotton only for kitchen projects; you could also use it for bath accessories such as bathmats and washcloths. You might also want to consider it for making accessories such as market bags or other items.
Kitchen cotton yarn is available in a wide variety of variegated and solid colors.
Characteristics of Kitchen Cotton Yarn
- Matte, not lustrous; not usually mercerized
- Machine washable
Examples of Kitchen Cotton Yarn
- Lily Sugar ‘n’ Cream
- Lion Cotton by Lion Brand Yarns
- Dishie by Knitpicks
- Peaches & Crème
All four of these examples are worsted weight / medium weight yarns. Peaches & Creme used to also be available in a double worsted weight / bulky weight, which was handy for making substantial projects such as bathmats. If that’s a product you’d be interested in, I’d recommend checking with the manufacturer to find out whether it is currently available.
Free Crochet Patterns Utilizing Kitchen Cotton
Important note: I’m working on migrating these patterns to this site from another site; if pattern links are currently available, they’ll be active links. The unlinked patterns haven’t yet been migrated, but I hope to get to it eventually.
- Easy double rainbow kitchen dishcloth
- Variegated dishcloth in earthtone colors
- Strawberry potpourri kitchen dishcloth
- Fancy dishcloth tutorial and pattern
- Variegated denim dishcloth pattern
- Camel and blue ombre dishcloth
- Denim ombre potholders
- Easy Tunisian crochet potholders
- Christmas potholders
- Diagonal stripes potholder
- Earthtone ombre potholders
- Pretty Tunisian crochet potholders
- Red yellow and blue Potholders
- Heart potholders with stripes
- Red white and blue potholders
- Blue, white and red potholders
- Snowflake potholder
See Also: crocheting for your kitchen | cotton yarn | types of yarn | crochet supplies