Looking for unusual card making ideas? Want to create a fun, unique, one-of-a-kind birthday card for a loved one or friend? If so, you’ll definitely want to consider taking a look at Lawn Fawn’s collection of quirky, funny, cute and unique craft supplies. I’ve used their supplies to create this this playful birthday card featuring an adorable bear motif and a blended ink background area. If you want to make your own birthday cards similar to this one, read on for a complete supply list and step-by-step instructions.
Lawn Fawn Craft Supplies You’ll Need for Making This Card
- To make a card similar to this one, you’ll need a bear stamp. Lawn Fawn offers bunches of different stamp sets featuring bears. The one I have in my stash is the bear motif from the “Den Sweet Den” stamp set. There are also Coordinating dies available that you can use for easily cutting out your bear.
- The cute little present that the bear is holding is from the Lawn Fawn “Plan on It” stamp set.
- I created the sentiment using a few different Lawn Fawn stamp sets. The “Hope your birthday is” part of the text is included in the “Loads of Fun” stamp set; the “beary” part of the text is from the “Den Sweet Den” stamp set; and I spelled out the “LOVELY” part of the text using Milo’s ABCs stamp set. However, there are other ways you could arrive at this same sentiment, or a similar one, if you don’t happen to have all of these particular stamp sets in your craft supplies stash. You could stamp this sentiment using the stamps from any Lawn Fawn ABCs set – or if you already have any other Lawn Fawn birthday-themed stamp set in your stash, you could choose a birthday sentiment from that set to complete your card.
- I created the the main background for this card using the Emerald patterned paper from the “Watercolor Wishes” 12”x12” paper collection pack.
- I stamped the bear on kraft cardstock.
- I made the card base using plain white cardstock.
Other Supplies Needed for Making This Birthday Card
- I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in the Walnut Stain color for stamping the bear.
- I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in the Fired Brick color for stamping the sentiment and the birthday gift. I also inked around the outside edges of the card with Fired Brick Distress ink.
- To create the ink blended area behind the bear, I used an old oval stencil from the 1990s and 2 reinkers from Gina K Designs. The red is Gina K’s “Cherry Red” ink and the green is Gina K’s “Jelly Bean Green” ink. The Jelly Bean Green color perfectly complements Lawn Fawn’s “Emerald Watercolor Wishes” patterned paper. I used a Scrapbook.com ink blending tool to blend these two ink colors, mixing them together in the center to get the effect you see pictured here.
- I used Recollections brand washi tape for the border design.
- I used several colors of Inkjoy ballpoint pens for outlining various card elements.
- I attached the various card elements to the card base using Glue Dots, Cherry Tape and Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
There are a couple of reasons I was inspired to create this card: First of all, my card stash is nearly empty, and second, the cool people over at the Lawnfawnatics blog are hosting a birthday-themed challenge right now. In general, I enjoy participating in challenges because they usually take me out of my comfort zone. In the case of this inclusive birthday challenge, the challenge theme wasn’t a hugely challenging one — but it was a useful theme that I was happy to work with. I really enjoyed participating in the challenge, and I’m thrilled to have a super cute birthday card to add to my card stash as a result of my participation. My heartfelt thanks to the team at Lawn Fawn for the fun challenge. It’s always lovely to have a bit of extra motivation for getting new craft projects completed.
Over to You:
Did you play along with the Lawnfawnatics challenge? If so, how did you project turn out?
Would you like to try making a birthday card like this one? If so, please let us know how it turns out.
What else is on your mind right now? If you have comments, questions or feedback for us, you’re invited to share insights in the comments section below.
Happy card making!
More Pages Featuring Stamps and Craft Supplies by Lawn Fawn:
- Cute Bear Themed Birthday Card Making Idea Featuring Lawn Fawn Craft Supplies
- Clean and Simple Birthday Card Making Idea With CUTE Lawn Fawn Stamps
- Lawn Fawn Planner Stamp Sets: Plan On It Product Review and Project Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Card Making Idea With Lawn Fawn Stamped Heart Balloons
- Cute Lawn Fawn Skunk Valentine Card Making Project Idea
- Planner Layout Idea for March 7 Featuring Laundry Stamps and Other Stamps by Lawn Fawn
- More Craft Ideas for Using Lawn Fawn Stamps, Papers and Supplies
Posted By: Amy Solovay
This page was last updated on 3-20-2022.
aw, this is so sweet and adorable! i love the bear and the adorable punny sentiment! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! 🙂
Hi Samantha! Thanks for the comment. I enjoyed the challenge.
This card is so adorable Amy! I love how the washi tape on the background highlights the cute bear! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! Catherine for Lawn Fawnatics.
Thanks for dropping by Catherine! I enjoyed the challenge.