Get Your Hands on a Treasure Trove of Fast, EASY Crochet Flower Patterns
Do you enjoy crocheting flowers? Or would you like to learn how to crochet flowers for the first time if you’ve never done it before?
And, would you enjoy finding a whole bunch of truly amazing ideas for what to do with those flowers? Like using them as the finishing touches on EASY projects such as stylish purses, headbands, barrettes, garlands, wreaths, cowls and more?
If so, there’s a brand new crochet pattern book you really need to know about. It’s called Quick Crochet With Flowers: 14 Unique Flower and Leaf Patterns.
Don’t let the book’s subtitle fool you. In this book, you get far more than 14 ideas all together. There are 14 crochet patterns for just the flowers and leaves alone, PLUS instructions for making a bunch more projects that incorporate those flowers and leaves.
Despite the fact that it’s PACKED with great ideas and projects, this is a small, portable and affordable pattern booklet you could fit in your purse, tote bag or diaper bag for quick access on the go. I LOVE this book, and I think you’re going to love it, too.
What You Need to Know About This Crochet Pattern Book:
Author: Amy Gaines
Publisher: Leisure Arts
Copyright Date: 2018
ISBN 13: 978-1464772405
This book is available in the following format(s):
- Softcover Booklet With Stapled Binding — available from Leisure Arts and numerous other retailers
- Digital download: PDF e-book
Number of Pages: 48
Cover Price: $5.99 US dollars / $7.99 Canadian dollars — folks, that’s a bargain! It’s unbelievably cheap for what you get.
Skill Level: EASY
Crochet Projects Included in This Book:
This book includes the following types of crochet patterns, projects and ideas:
- 14 patterns for crochet flowers and leaves.
- 9 accessory patterns for women, some of which would also make lovely gifts for little girls too — barrettes, purses, headbands and an elegant cowl. These all incorporate one or more of the 14 flower and leaf patterns.
- 5 patterns for home decor items including a wreath, garland and 3 wall art pieces, which also incorporate the flower and leaf patterns presented in the beginning of the book.
I counted a total of 28 projects and patterns all together — but keep in mind that you can also use the flowers and leaves to create UNLIMITED numbers of your own project ideas! For example, the flat flowers would make cute appliques for stitching to girls’ clothing. You could crochet any of these flowers using crochet thread; then attach them to pins to wear as brooches. Or what about hot gluing them to magnets to use for decorating your fridge? I’m sure you can think of many other ideas for how to use them. There are zillions of possibilities.
Types of Crochet Flowers and Leaves Included in This Book:
- Flat one-color flower with 5 petals
- “Billy Buttons”, a cute flower that looks like two little buds on a small stem
- Large daisy
- Small daisy
- Large rose
- Small rose
- Large mum
- Medium mum
- Small mum
- Small leaf
- Large leaf
- Daisy leaf
- Laurel leaf
There’s also a pattern for making antlers. Funny thing, I think they look more like twigs or tree branches than antlers. So maybe you could use them for either purpose, depending on the project you have in mind.
I invite you to take a look at the book’s table of contents:
The Best Things About This Book
I think the projects in this book are absolutely fantastic! I seriously want to make them all, especially the barrettes, because I think they will be adorable additions to my niece’s wardrobe.
I LOVE how the author has used different combinations of these flowers to make a whole bunch of different designs that all look unique, stylish and beautiful.
This booklet’s small format makes it perfect for taking along with you when you go places. Long line at the post office, bank, DMV or grocery store? While you’re waiting, you can pull this book out of your purse and crank out a quick crocheted flower, leaf or maybe even the pieces you need to finish a whole project.
A GREAT price — only $5.99 US for all these amazing patterns? For real?? Yep! For real!
WHY Is This Book So
Cheap Affordable Compared to Other Pattern Books?
I’ve given a lot of thought to how on earth it could be possible for the team at Leisure Arts to cram so many amazing designs into such a small, compact (and affordable!) book. I came to the conclusion that there are several really good reasons for it:
Mix and Match Flowers and Leaves — I’m convinced that Amy Gaines and her support team at Leisure Arts must be creative geniuses. They have designed multiple flower and leaf patterns that work well together. You can use each flower and each leaf in multiple projects. In contrast, the crochet flower designs you’ll find in some competing titles aren’t necessarily designed to be combined together into the same project (although maybe they could be, if you apply some creativity, brainpower and trial/error to the process).
So what you have here is really valuable from the standpoint of being able to mix and match the flowers, knowing that they work well together. Being able to mix and match the same flowers together into different projects also saves a TON of space in the book, which makes for a compact book that doesn’t skimp on value. Pure genius, I tell ya!
Less Repetition of Basic Instructions — The team at Leisure Arts has created this book with the assumption that you already know how to crochet. (If you don’t, no worries — see our pages about how to crochet or check out our list of the best crochet books for beginners). They’ve included reference information that you’ll need for working these patterns, like a list of the abbreviations they’ve used and yarn information. But, you aren’t going to find basic stitch instructions in this book. Some competing titles do include the basic information, but that makes those books longer, bulkier, less portable and more expensive.
No Symbol Crochet Charts or Step-By-Step Photo Tutorials — This book does not include international symbol crochet charts or step-by-step photo tutorials. You do get all the instructions you need to make each project, including color photos of each flower and project plus written-out text instructions. There are also a few line art illustrations / diagrams included as necessary to help you with techniques that may be unfamiliar to you.
Some competing titles do include symbol crochet charts and / or stepped-out color tutorials. While many crocheters find these features helpful, they are time consuming to prepare and they can take up considerable space in a book. Omitting them makes for a more affordable and more compact book, which is what you have here.
So that’s what makes this book such an amazing bargain, assuming you can live without the features that have been omitted.
This book is one of the most affordable crochet flower pattern books I’m aware of, and it’s an excellent value for the money you’ll spend on it. If you want to crochet super-simple flowers like roses, daisies and ranunculus, this book is definitely a book to put at the top of your must-have list.
Where to Buy This Book:
- Click here to shop for this book at the Leisure Arts website.
- Click here to shop for this book at Amazon.
More Crochet Flowers and Related Resources
Like I mentioned above, Quick Crochet With Flowers is one of the best bargains I’m currently aware of on crochet flower pattern books. My opinion: You can buy it without hesitation; it’s a GREAT value for the price. However, there are bunches of other lovely flower pattern books available that are worth taking a look at. Especially if you’re looking to crochet a broader variety of flowers or a specific flower variety that isn’t covered in Quick Crochet With Flowers (Like pansies, sunflowers or asters). If you want to see some other options, the best starting place is our list of the best books on crochet flowers, a list which covers all our favorite crochet flower pattern books.
And then here are links to some more amazing crochet resources you’ll also want to check out:
- Crochet Loom Blooms — Learn how to make flowers using a flower loom and then transform them into afghans, scarves, tote bags and other projects using crochet. This book is completely FABULOUS! It’s much more expensive than Quick Crochet With Flowers, but I think it is worth the price. If you can, buy both books! They are two of the best references available on crafting flowers.
- Crochet Flowers Step-By-Step — If you’re a total beginner, and you’d like to have access to step-by-step photo tutorials, then Crochet Flowers Step-By-Step is a fantastic book to consider. It’s ideal for beginners because of the detailed step-by-step instructions. It also includes symbol crochet charts.
- Click here to find our picks for the best crochet books.
- Click here to find crochet stitch tutorials and instructions.
- Click here to learn more crochet techniques.
- Click HERE to Find Fabulous Yarn for Crochet and Knitting
- Click here to learn about crochet hooks.
- Click here to find my favorite crochet project bag.
- Click here to get updated on the latest craft supplies.
- Click here to learn about knitting.
- Click here to find our beginner’s guide to knitting needles.
- Click here to find outstanding craft project ideas.
Page last updated on 6-13-2021. Thanks for visiting!