The lovely folks over at Pinkfresh Studio are having a new challenge with the theme of “anything goes” for World Card Making Day. I made a couple of new cards for this challenge using some leftover papers I made during their last stripes and gradients challenge.
Here you can see some of ink blending and striping I did for the last challenge, along with the Vertical Stripes Stencil by Pinkfresh Studio. Love this stencil! I used it to make the bottom three ink-blended papers you see pictured below:
You don’t need the stencil for this particular card, but it’s a handy item to have in your craft supplies stash. I actually use it for making journaling spots more than I use it for stenciling — but I didn’t use it at all on this card.
Other Craft Supplies Needed for Creating a Similar Slimline Card With Scalloped Heart Motif and Ink Blended Vertical Stripes:
- “Believe in Yourself” stamp set by Pinkfresh Studio
- “Take Pride” stamp set by Pinkfresh Studio (for the “I am so proud of you” sentiment).
- Mermaid Cove Dye Ink by Pinkfresh Studio (for the ink-blended background)
- Blue Jay Dye Ink by Pinkfresh Studio (for the ink-blended background)
- Regal Kiss Dye Ink by Pinkfresh Studio (for the ink-blended background)
- Distress Oxide Ink Pads in Salvaged Patina, Kitch Flamingo, Bundled Sage, Black Soot and Stormy Sky (for stamping the flower designs).
- Purple Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
- Aqua Marvy Uchida Highlighter
- Dark Green Brush Marker
- Ink blending tool
- Scalloped Scissors by EK Success
- Plain white cardstock
- A scoring board or scoring tool
- washi tapes; I used washis by the Happy Planner and Graphic 45, but you can use any washis that you happen to have in your craft supplies stash.
Thanks so much for dropping by my blog today. I appreciate your interest!