Pictured here: A two-page pocket page scrapbooking layout featuring photos of my Pattern Sampler Afghan. A free crochet pattern is available for making the blanket and also for most of the squares in the afghan as well.
Here’s the back story behind these scrapbook pages:
My husband, Mike, and I spent the first part of summer of 2012 preparing to sail across the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. Before embarking on that voyage, we had been cruising around the Pacific Coast aboard an historic vintage sailboat called Typhoon. Typhoon was the wrong boat for making a serious ocean crossing, so we bought a different boat – Viva – that was docked in Colonial Beach, Virginia.
We had to drive cross country, from Oxnard, California to Colonial Beach, to reach Viva and prepare her for the journey. This page documents the last leg of our road trip before arriving in Colonial Beach. We stayed at the Econo Lodge in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
At the time, I was working as a freelance writer, and my best gig was managing the crochet subdomain for a prominent general-interest website.
I was really excited because I had a bunch of newly finished crochet projects, like afghans, that I wanted to photograph – and the motel where we stayed offered a real bed I was delighted to use for taking the photos (because Typhoon’s v-berth didn’t exactly evoke the mood I was trying to get across in the pics, haha). I stayed up most of the night that night taking photos and working on my projects while poor Mike tried to get a decent night’s sleep.
Craft Supplies You’ll Need for Creating a Similar Pocket Page Scrapbooking Layout
- Hand Crafted With Love Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp
- Let’s Go! Sticker Book by Simple Stories
- Uptown Ink Pad by Catherine Pooler
- Journal Elements Paper from the “Let’s Go!” collection by Simple Stories
- Grunge-Light Tones 6 x 6 Paper Pad by Craft Consortium
- Tombow Fudenosuke Color Brush Pens — Set of 10
- Metallic Gelly Roll 10 Piece Pen Set by Sakura
- Washi Tape by Recollections
- Fiskars Mini Scallop Paper Edgers
- Sn@p! Pocket Pages For 6″X8″ Binders 10/Pkg – Simple Stories
- Navy Sn@p! 6 x 8 Binder by Simple Stories
Thanks so much for taking a look at my project. I appreciate your interest!
Posted By: Amy Solovay
This page was last updated on 5-21-2023.