Enjoy This DIY Mother’s Day Card Making Idea — You’re Invited to Use It to Make Your Mom, Mother-in-Law, Stepmom or Grandma a Beautiful Handmade Card This Mother’s Day
Supplies You Will Need to Make This Card:
- Papers from the “Time to Flourish” 8×8 pad by Graphic 45: This pad features 2 papers for every month of the year. I used elements from the papers for May.
- Heavy cardstock paper: I used Tim Holtz Heavystock to make the sample card pictured here. This paper is delightfully hefty, and it is the perfect color to complement many of the papers in the “Time to Flourish” pad. That said, you have many choices for cardstock papers that would work beautifully for making this card.
- Sparkly purple ribbon
- Scor-Pal tool, bone folder or other scoring tool
- Envelope: I’ll be sending this card to my mother-in-law in a plain white envelope. I like these Cardmaker’s Choice envelopes by Paper Accents, but there are many possibilities for envelopes that will complement this card design well.
- Adhesive: I used Cherry Tape and Glue Dots as the adhesives to make this Mother’s Day card, but you could use pretty much any paper-friendly adhesive for putting this design together.
- Butterfly Washi Tape by Me & My Big Ideas (MAMBI) from the Happy Planner Papillon collection
- Paper Trimmer and scissors
How to Make This Mother’s Day Card
The first step in making this card: Transform one sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ Heavystock or cardstock into 2 card bases. You can use them both to make these cards, or you can use one and put one aside to use for making some other card later. To accomplish this, you’ll cut the sheet of cardstock into 2 identical pieces measuring 8.5″ x 5.5″ each. Then use a scoring tool to score and fold the cardstock to create a card measuring 5.5″ wide by 4.25″ tall.
Cut out a 2″ x 5.5″ bit from a page in the “Time to Flourish” patterned paper pad by Graphic 45. Tape it to the front of your card base.
Cut a piece of butterfly-themed washi tape measuring 5.5″ across. Stick it to the card base right above the patterned paper.
Cut out a few of the cut-aparts from the “Time to Flourish” pad. I chose 3 of the faux postal stamps and the pretty greeting that says “Happy Mother’s Day”. If you get your own “Time to Flourish” paper pad, you’ll have plenty of other lovely choices in addition to these. There are enough cut-aparts in this pad to make bunches of truly impressive cards for your “inner circle”. Tape your chosen paper pieces to your card base.
Cut a bit of ribbon off your spool and tie it in a bow. Use Glue Dots or your preferred adhesive to attach the bow to your card base.
Add the card to your card stash, or personalize a greeting on the inside and send it off to its recipient.
That’s it! This card is one of the easiest designs I’ve ever completed. I hope you’ll enjoy making your own version(s) of this card; it’s an extremely versatile card design.
More Mother’s Day Craft Ideas
More Paper Craft Ideas:
- Birthday Cards to Make
- Valentine Cards to Make
- How to Make Thank You Cards
- Christmas Card Making
- Best Ink Pads for Stamping on Paper: Card Making and Other Paper Crafts
- More Paper Craft Ideas
Posted By: Amy Solovay
This page was last updated on 1-30-2022.